Thursday, June 05, 2008

Feed Me, Seymour

I've had people ask me about my feed before. Recently a reader commented, "I want to keep up with you, but can't find your feed."

This is frustrating to me, and a bit confounding as well, but I do want people to be able to use whatever they like to keep up with me here. I burned a feed on feedburner, which should insure that their aren't any problems.

So, I've updated my sidebar. If you click Subscribe to my RSS feed, right by the cool RSS logo, it should take you to the page. From there, you can choose how you want to read it--Google, Bloglines, my Yahoo etc. It's one stop shopping.

I have never used any sort of reader myself, preferring to just use the links on my sidebar (which are finally appearing in a neatly collapsed fashion), but I am experimenting with Firefox live on my toolbar to check for new content of the few blogs that I try to check daily. So far, I like it. I'm also going to try out "My Yahoo" since I'm always in my email. Bloglines has just never done it for me.

If you are currently subscribed to me one way or the other, you shouldn't have to change anything, but if a week or so goes by and you're not getting any new posts, please leave me a comment so that I can look into it.

If you aren't subscribed, consider jumping on the bandwagon like I did. It still hasn't left the station for good (even though the wagon is going to keep morphing--a motor car, a super-fast train etc). If you like old-fashioned methods, you can get it in your email inbox through feedblitz (also on my sidebar), but there's at least a 24 hour delay on those.

What's your blog-reading method? Are you satisfied with how it's working for you? Have you tried other methods in the past?

7 comments:

Katrina said...

I used Bloglines for a while, but then switched to Google Reader. I'm very happy with it, even though it took a little while to get used to. But since I do everything else in Google (using Gmail, Google Docs, etc.) it made sense to use their feed-reader as well.

I do think Firefox Live Bookmarks are nifty, and I could see me using them for my 5 or so favorite blogs. But since I occasionally read up to 40 blogs, it would be too much (for me) to put all of them in Live Bookmarks.

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

I use Google Reader, also. It works for me.

Kimberly Coleman said...

I use bloglines.com. I love it!

Org Junkie said...

Well I'm using Bloglines but it's very dangerous, at last count I had over 200 feeds I am following...yikes!

L.L. Barkat said...

I just use my blogroll. I also comment back whenever someone comments on my blog (which means I usually just click through from their comment). I know. I live in the Dark Ages. :)

dcrmom said...

I'm addicted to Bloglines. Tried Google Reader and wasn't crazy about it. Hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Still a Bloglines faithful. :-)

Bev said...

I'm a bloglines girl, have no idea how to burn anything except garlic toast which I've perfected. The techy talk is way over my head!