Friday, June 20, 2008

Fish are Friends, Not Food

Okay, the title has not much to do with this post, except that I like it. I always love a quiz, and I just saw this one at Susanne's blog.




What Your Fridge Says About You



You like to be surrounded by things you love. You aren't exactly greedy, but you can be materialistic at times.



You tend to be a fairly thrifty person. You splurge occasionally, but you're mostly a saver.



You are a very adventurous person. You love to try new things, and you get bored very easily.



You are responsible, together, and mature. You act like an adult, even when you don't feel like it.



You are likely single - and spending many nights alone at home.



On a more serious note, Jo-Lynne is asking Got Food? It made me wonder--have higher food (and gas) prices changed your habits lately?

I am thinking about it. For example, if the sole errand I have to run is to return my $1 a night Redbox rental, I just keep it another day. I am definitely more conscious about where I'm driving and why, unless I just want to go somewhere out of the way, in which case I go anyway.

As far as food, I do look at the prices. There are certain things that I only buy if they are on sale, and so if something is not a necessity, I just do without if the price seems too high to me.

What about you? Are you doing without because of the higher prices?

6 comments:

Adventures In Babywearing said...

I am definitely that way about driving right now. I hardly ever leave the house, and if I do, it's to do several things at once. Otherwise I wait! And it's so funny- we've switched from driving to get a Redbox movie to now just paying for it on pay per view! Figure it might just all work out in the end!

Steph

ReviewsbyHeidi said...

I took the quiz and got almost the same results as you~ the last 2 were different.

Jen Rouse said...

Yeah, I am thinking more about my driving. I've been invited to a couple things to do with friends next week, but I just can't afford to do more than one or two of them because I can't afford to drive out of town more than once or twice a week! Sad but true.

I thought this quiz was very entertaining, by the way. I did it over at my page too.

Susanne said...

I am definitely thinking twice before I just jump in the van to go somewhere. I think if I can do more than one errand in that part of town or if I can put it off until I have a few things to do. Groceries has always been challenging as I've tried to fit everything into the budget that I do have and also feed dayhome children. Now it's even more so.

Katrina said...

We just watched Nemo last week, so your title made me smile. :)

I have to be more careful with food these days -- our grocery costs seem to have skyrocketed. And while I've always been pretty good about combining errands, I've had to curtail those, "let's go for a car ride" adventures.

Casey said...

I have been thinking about the same thing. The higher prices prompted us to trade in our SUV for a smaller car. And don't even get me started on the grocery shopping! I just posted a bit about it tonight actually. We are trying to eat less meat, both for health reason and to try to save a few bucks.