Monday, June 23, 2008

Now It's Summer

I had been sliding into summer, but today it's really here.

Amanda's last day of school was Thursday, but Friday our visitors were here, so that wasn't a normal day.

This is summer:

This morning I let myself sleep in until 7:00am.

It's 9:00am, and my tween is still sleeping (either that or she's reading in bed).

Kyle and I are still in PJs.

I'm buzzing from my third cup of coffee.

I do have quite a few things on my plate for this week, but because my summer days start slowly, it doesn't bother me a bit.

Today we will try to get to the library to return some books and stock up on some others.

I need to get to the grocery store after I figure out what I'm going to cook the next couple nights for dinner.

But now I guess I should just focus on showering and getting dressed.

******

I had a blast putting together the Creative Summer Days event at 5 Minutes for Mom. Today is the last day to enter, so if any of these products sound like something you or your kids would love, enter today on the individual posts:


csglgbutton2.jpg


  1. The first creative idea is to Cook! with the opportunity to win one of 5 copies of Yum-O! The Family Cookbook.

  2. The second challenge is to Play and Learn with two winners receiving two computer games -- Mia's Reading Adventure: The Bugaboo Bugs and JumpStart Advanced Preschool World.

  3. In our third giveaway, you can provide a creative summer adventure for your child if you win one of 5 Giftventure gift certificates.

  4. One of you could win a great prize pack to help fuel your child's imagination from education.com.

  5. 5 of you will give your child the safety to Explore with a cell phone package from kajeet.

  6. Are you always trying to encourage your kids to eat their veggies? Enter to win one of 5 Henry and the Hidden Veggie Garden books.

  7. Our seventh giveaway invites those of you who can travel to New York City on August 2 the opportunity to Experience Walking with the Dinosaurs (sponsored by One2One Network).

  8. Education.com is sponsoring another great prize pack to keep your kids' creative juices flowing this summer. Enter here.

  9. Three of you could win 2 new books from Maple Tree Press designed to encourage your kids to Exercise!

  10. One of you will win three CDs that will encourage your whole family to Sing and Dance.

  11. Three of you will win a set of three audiobook CDs to Listen to as a family.

  12. We have five Trip Flix DVDs so that the whole family can Travel (Virtually).

5 comments:

Under the Florida Sun said...

Hey there, Glad to see your summer is kicking into high gear.

Come stop by my blog and check out the Monday with the Mouse I'm trying out. Join in with me.

Katrina said...

It's summer here too, but both of my kids were still up at 6:45. What's wrong with them?! :)

Barb said...

Your approach to your summer days sounds perfect to me. Summer has arrived full force here in western Colorado too, and it's just way too nice in the morning, before the temperature starts rising, to get in a hurry.

I love summer mornings.

Monica @ Paper Bridges said...

the library! let us know what you come home with. I'm reading Kabul Beauty School right now and enjoying it.

m

Anonymous said...

Maybe ours will start next week. We were up early for VBS! It went great and the week will be fun, but I can't wait to sleep in next week! Marth