Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Almost Like Being There

Did you miss BlogHer? Did you even consider going? If so, why didn't you?

I would have liked to go in theory, but spending well over $1000 on airfare, hotel, and conference fees wasn't really worth it for this little blogging hobby of mine. The time away from family was probably equally as precious. I was lucky to get to go to Disney for the weekend as part of an all-expenses paid Mom-blogger mixer in April, and soon I will be announcing another trip that will take me away from my family (but will hopefully reap some eternal rewards).

In the weeks leading up to BlogHer, I was busy helping Janice and Susan line up some interviews with some of the top bloggers. 5 Minutes for Mom hired a production crew to film interviews and some red-carpet style Q&A's on the spot with the many bloggers who they encountered.

The first teaser video is up on 5 Minutes for Mom now, with many more to come. Click on over and see how many bloggers you recognize (or at least to get a peek at Janice and Susan, who look fabulous!).

3 comments:

Kimberly/Mom in the City said...

I didn't go to Blog her. Why? Short answer: time, energy, money, family and discomfort.

(You can read the extended version on my "I’m Not At BlogHer…And I’m Alright With That" post.)

Beck said...

I didn't go to BlogHer. $1000 is too much money and it sounds like a big expensive version of high school.

katrina said...

The teaser video looked great and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

While I had no real desire to go to BlogHer, I still am curious and will enjoy seeing the various bloggers.