Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I Tried It!

Chic Critique is a fun blog I've recently discovered. I feel about it the same way I feel about Laura's Org Junkie blog--I don't have any business following a fashion and makeup blog (or an organizing blog), but it's so well-written and fun that I can't help myself. Also, I actually referred to it as "Chick Critique" to Jo-Lynne, and she had to correct me! But seriously, did any of you wear "sheek" jeans in jr. high? No, you wore "chick" jeans (okay, probably none of you wore Chic jeans no matter what you call them).

Chic Critique has started a new monthly carnival where we can blog about products that they reviewed that we tried. It's called "I Tried it Tuesday."

When I met Jo-Lynne (she's one of my Disney buddies), I seriously coveted her eyelashes. I wondered what she used on them, and I knew that she had the Chic Critique blog, so she was probably in the know, but I never asked her. When she Blogged Her Face, she revealed the secret: CoverGirl's lash blast. I bought it a week or so ago, and I'm loving it. It goes on nicely (without clumping), and gives me gorgeous lashes.

Speaking of mascara, I also tried Carol's technique for mascara application, but I'm not sure if I can switch my paradigm over 20 years into mascara application. It does make sense.

And finally, I also bought Heather's suggested curly hair-styling product. I like it. I more often wear my hair wavy than curly, but this product did work nicely for wash and go curly hair. I don't know if it's revolutionary, but it sort of controls frizz.

So that's it for me. If you want to check out other people's reviews of the reviewed products, click on over. Maybe you'll find something you want to try and join in next month.

7 comments:

Jo-Lynne (Musings of a Housewife) said...

I'm so glad to know the hair stuff worked! With stick-straight hair, I have no need for controlling frizz, but it's great to hear there is something that works. I might need to get some for my daughter's wavy hair.

Katrina said...

I'm a fan of Lash Blast, too. But I'll have to check out Carol's application method -- I can always use a little extra help.

Jane @ What About Mom? said...

Honestly? Have not worn mascara since I got married 10 years ago.

Sigh.

Maybe I should try something new. At least if I get really ambitious, I'll know what to use and how to apply it, thanks to the omniscient internet! (Much better than having to ask one of those intimidating makeup women at the department store!)

Abbreviated said...

Have both the mascara & gel on my want list.

Jackie @ Our Moments Our Memories said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog...it's always great to meet new people! :)

These are some great tips...I didn't know about this carnival, so I'll definitely have to check it out.

Your kids are precious!

Org Junkie said...

LOL! I know what you mean though on the hair/makeup stuff. The only way I can pretend I know what I'm doing is through other's recommendations. I'd be lost without them that is for sure.

Tanya said...

Hey I read this post last week or so, but had to come back. I tried the mascara application technique. It didn't work for me! I still got dots. Are my lower lashes too long? I don't know. Just thought I'd share so you no longer feel the need to implement a life change. :)