Friday, July 04, 2008

July 3, 11:22 p.m.

Making the drive from Connecticut to my in-laws' house in Virginia for the long weekend
Switching stations on the newly-installed Sirius satellite radio, from Prime Country, to Spirit, to 80's to Classic Rewind
Observing the sleeping faces of my precious cargo, illuminated by the headlights of the passing trucks:
a four-year old who looks more like a boy than a baby, and
a nearly ten-year-old whose face foreshadows the woman she's becoming.
A snapshot in time.

5 comments:

Jen Rouse said...

And, as the quote in your header so aptly describes, you'll remember this moment, possibly more sharply than you would have, because you took the time to write it down. That's one thing I love about blogging--I can go back to old posts and see exactly what I was doing, thinking and feeling a year or two or four ago.

Susanne said...

I love those precious moments.

Karla E said...

Jennifer, My "nearly 10 year old" is going to board a plan on Monday ON HIS OWN. Last night I had the dream my mother warned me about...someone gave me a baby and I had to take care of it. She started having the dream when we were heading off to college...I am SO not ready for this.

Katrina said...

So sweet...and so good to capture these moments that can often pass by quietly and unnoticed.

bernard n. shull said...

hi mate, this is the canadin pharmacy you asked me about: the link