Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Just Busy

Nothing's better than a bulleted list in a busy week, right?
  • Amanda's home! She had a great time, and is fine. She and Kyle had a dramatic reunion ("Amanda!!!" "Kyle!!!" with hugs all around), and a four-hour truce, followed by the reinstatement of sibling rivalry. Because I loved the break from listening to harsh words and harsh tones (that shouldn't be used anyway), I am trying to stand firm on not allowing them (or using them myself). We ended up being away from home all day making the trip.

  • Sunday I had to stay after church to help prepare for Vacation Bible School. After a couple hours, Terry and the kids came and picked me up, and we went to his coworker's house, who had invited us over for dinner and to swim. She was easy to talk to, Amanda and her oldest daughter got along, and we had a nice evening all around (but yet again, I was gone from home all day).

  • So VBS is this week. I'm teaching 4's and 5's (not Kyle, who is in with the 3's and 4's). It went so well yesterday! The eleven children listened in Bible time, they listened in Music (led by someone else), and played well. VBS is always a draining week in the summer. I enjoy being at the church and meeting new people, but the 3 to 4 hour endeavor seems to affect our whole day. When I brought Kyle into my classroom at 12:15, he was practically delirious, "I'm sooo hungry. Did you bring lunch?" he repeated slowly as he sat at the table with his eyes taking slower and longer blinks each minute.

  • 5 Minutes for Books -- I'm so proud of it, and since I feel like I'm just doing behind the scenes and administrative work at the moment, I can say that and still be humble, right? My team is doing a wonderful job, and they are outreading me at the moment as well. For the first time in a long long while, I didn't write the 5 Minutes for Books column at 5 Minutes for Mom. I posted a review of a book I really wanted to read by Nancy Moser, but I passed it along to Carrie, because I knew she'd get to it before I did.


It's only Tuesday, but the great thing is that I don't feel overwhelmed-busy, or stressed-out-busy, or "This whole week is going to be so hard" busy. I just feel busy.

The house is starting to get to me, so perhaps this afternoon I'll get some cleaning and decluttering done. I also have some work that I need to do, so I need to find a couple hours for that, so it's not hanging over my head.

7 comments:

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

You are right. VBS is wonderful, but draining! I am teaching this week too, but my daughter has a fever today. I am sure the other two ladies I am teaching with are going to be really excited that I am leaving them with the 23 kids in our class. Hopefully, this will be a 24 hour thing!

You are doing a great job with 5M4B! Thanks for letting me be a part of it!

Carrie said...

Let me add to Lauren's statement! Yes, you ARE doing a fabulous job with 5M4B! It's developing beautifully.

heather said...

Welcome back, Amanda!

Katrina said...

Whew! You make me want a nap, just from reading it all. :) And you *should* be proud of 5M4B -- it's a great site!

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

I actually turned down an invitation for lunch and swimming today. I already have plans to be out of the house 2 other days this week and I needed groceries today. As fun as it would be I'm learned the lesson that I need time at home!

Anonymous said...

Yea for busy! I am glad that you are not too busy! Have fun with VBS and I'm enjoying the new site too! I sent a box to you today, it'll keep the kids busy!
Martha

Anonymous said...

Yea for busy! I am glad that you are not too busy! Have fun with VBS and I'm enjoying the new site too! I sent a box to you today, it'll keep the kids busy!
Martha