Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Back-to-School

Are you eager for back to school or reticent? I'm a bit of both. We've enjoyed our summer. It's bean a nice mix of activity and downtime. Not too busy, but not "borrrring" either. But I feel like the summer is winding down. This week Kyle and Amanda are both in day camps. Next week is free, but the following week we'll be on vacation. We return Saturday and Amanda starts school that following Tuesday. We're definitely in the back-to-school season.

For the first time in a while, I think I might be content to keep in this holding pattern for a while. Yes, there's been bickering, and probably too much TV, but there have been fun trips and outings, time with friends, and time to launch a new site. It's been fulfilling--all of it.

Children's Classics

Speaking of the new site, we are launching another of our Tuesday carnivals next week. The goal is to have something each Tuesday for our readers to join in. Click on over and read about the Children's Classics carnival.

b2sbutton.jpg

And as always, 5 Minutes for Mom wants to be THE source for product information. Check out our Back-to-School giveaway event taking place this whole week. I just posted a giveaway for a great DYMO personal labelmaker, and there's much more to come.

What about you? Are you ready for summer or holding on to the fading light?

8 comments:

Kimberly/Mom in the City said...

I'm so NOT ready for the summer to end. I've enjoyed having my husband home (he's a teacher). Also, this will be the first year that my oldest son goes to school. Even though it will only be 2 and 1/2 hours a day, I'm not looking forward to HAVING to do drop off/pick up every day. Who knows though..this will probably be a great new chapter to our lives.

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

I feel torn. Will starts K. this year but we are homeschooling so it won't be all that different from what we do now. I've just got to get my act together and get some plans down on paper (computer?). The annoying thing is just when we get a routine going the baby will come and THAT is going to throw me off my game for a couple of months.

Anonymous said...

I am torn. I know the kids will be glad to get back even if they complain. I am excited to have my own classroom in years (even though I started the last two years with long term sub positions). I am not ready for all the running around each day after school, all the kids have activities on Monday already and we don't have soccer schedules yet. It will be better when things settle in. I really need to get going on buying school stuff! Martha

Jen Rouse said...

Definitely holding on to the fading light! Beth starts preschool this year, just three days a week, but it will still be the first time we've really had "back to school" season as a parent. I am completely excited to see her start school because I think she's going to love it, but not ready for summer to be over! It's gone by way too fast.

Adventures In Babywearing said...

I can not WAIT for school to start! Ha! My older two will be in school all-day and I'm really looking forward to some final bonding time with Gray before the next baby gets here!

Steph

Beck said...

We still have weeks of summer left, so I haven't thought about it yet....

Maggie said...

I am not ready. It's nice to not to have to be concerned about a strick bedtime, cajooling some one to complete their homework, etc. But with Summer, I have been able to leave for work earlier in the morning and not feel extremely rushed to get my 40 hours for the week in. When my boys go back to school, It will beanothr half hour at home until they get on the bus. This year I will have the 8 YO in latch key. If Hubby is out of town, that will mean I will not be able to ride the bus to work. I will also have to run the 13 YO to football practice.

Andrea said...

My summer went WAY too fast...
I feel like all we did was pack and unpack!!