Monday, August 18, 2008

The Best Laid Plans

So, I'm not really here. We left Saturday on vacation--spending a couple days in Boston, and tomorrow we are going on to Maine (inland Maine for hiking, river sports and moose-watching).

When I'm trying to plan for my family of four to get away on vacation, I often have some pre-trip stress. I wasn't really stressed out last week before I left: Partly because I've been busy, and partly because it's a laid-back sort of vacation that I'm really looking forward to.

I'm not one of those people who makes sure that the house is spic and span and neat as a pin when I leave, but when I return home, I always wish that it was. So, I was so happy when I took some time on Thursday to fix up my cabinets. I was pretty sure that I'd also sweep, mop, and dust, in addition to clearing every surface of my home. That didn't happen, but don't the cabinets look nice?



I also had hoped to get some of my thoughts that are halfway fleshed out actually set to post this week here on the blog, but that didn't happen either.

However, one of the projects that I was so busy on last week did get taken care of. I posted the information about the Sarabeth's luncheon I attended in New York City across all five 5 Minutes for Mom sister sites, since some of the information applied to each site. I'm pretty proud of how it came together. You can read about Saving Money at the Supermarket on 5 Minutes for Mom, and from there you can follow the links to read all the posts. If you're just looking for info about me, me, me, I got a little personal on the Parenting site, and I reviewed a great cookbook on 5 Minutes for Books where I also talk about Amanda's recent forays into the kitchen.

And I did get most of my daily content queued up for 5 Minutes for Books, since my fabulous contributors do a great job of getting their reviews ready to post. So if you're missing new content here, you can always click on over there every day. We've got some good stuff coming up, including Winning Wednesday.

We're having a great trip, which I do hope to post about, as well as possibly getting some other new stuff up. This next part of our trip is the more laid-back relaxing part, so I might have some more time.

4 comments:

Kathleen Marie said...

Have a blast and take a lot of photos...Moose are amazing and huge and well, amazing...Hugs!

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

Our only disappointment with our NH trip in May was not seeing a moose. I hope you see one and post pictures. I love Maine. Sounds like a great vacation.

Melissa @ Breath of Life said...

I'm so jealous. Boston is my favorite city, and I've always wanted to go to Maine. I guess I'll have to be content with what you share when you get back. *SIGH*

Katrina said...

I'm the same way -- when I get home, I always want to come home to a nice and neat house. I think it has something to do with staying in hotels that have no clutter, and where someone comes in and cleans for me every day. :) Of course, I never want to clean, so I rarely come home to a very clean house.