Friday, August 08, 2008

Me, Me, Me

I guess that's what a blog is all about--writing about me, and my family. My experiences and my thoughts about them, right? I've almost had enough of myself, but I won't let that from stopping me from pointing you in the direction of some other stuff I've posted this week.

Yesterday I announced at 5 Minutes for Mom that I will be representing them on the next Compassion Bloggers' trip. I know that it was a "God thing," so I'm pleased to be able to use my influence there. Please click over to find out all the whens and wheres at my post there: Blogging Can Make a Difference. Susan also just posted a video interview with Shannon from Rocks in My Dryer about her experience blogging from Africa for Compassion, so check that out too.

I've posted several times this week at 5 Minutes for Books:

My thoughts on Sesame Street (and some info on the new season)

And for Booking Through Thursday: Who Would you Trust to Write your Life?

And a post which has been generating lots of comments: Libraries are Green (you can also enter to win an awesome canvas shopping tote from minusbag)

So enough about me. What have you been up to??

3 comments:

Melissa @ Breath of Life said...

How exciting! I know God will do great things!

I'm hoping to blog about my experience in Peru next summer. There are 600,000 orphans under 18 in the city of Lima, Peru alone! Probably 250,000 of those are elementary school age & under. I'm looking forward to seeing what God will do on this trip. Our church went this summer (I didn't go) and immediately partnered with a Christian children's home. We raised over $18,000 for the home this week alone at VBS (keep in mind, my church averages 400 in worship...not a mega-church by any means). That money will fund a new school, and provide for 8 children for 1 year. PRAISE HIS NAME!

Adventures In Babywearing said...

I am so very excited for you!!!

Steph

casual friday everyday said...

I think this will be a totally life changing experience for you and one I hope to take part in one day.

:--) Nell