Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I Read It!

If it's Tuesday, it must mean I'm doing something at 5 Minutes for Books! I've had a great time with our weekly Tuesday events.

This fifth Thursday offers us a time to share about a book that we read after reading a review on the site.

For me, with book reviews, volume is usually the thing. If I hear about a book once, I might say, "Hmmm, sounds interesting. I'd probably like that."

The second time, I think, "Oh, yeah -- that book. I meant to look into it."

But by the third or fourteenth time, I finally act, and am always so glad I did.

Such was the case with the book(s) that Amanda just read.

I may have seen it mentioned on Jen Robinson's Book Page, I noticed that my friend Katrina was reading it aloud with her son Camden, and then Carrie reviewed the sequel, linking back to her enthusiastic review of the first one, so I checked them both out from the library as quickly as I could.

The book(s) in question?

The Mysterious Benedict Society and its sequel The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey.

Amanda (age 10) gives them both two enthusiastic thumbs up.

Thanks, Carrie, for tipping the scale in favor of getting into these books with haste!

3 comments:

Katrina said...

We're still making our (slow) way through the first one. About ten minutes a night is all we can squeeze in, but we look forward to those ten minutes with great anticipation. My husband even asks for an update on the story if he's been out of town for a couple days. I'm sure we'll get to the sequel too...eventually!

Glad Amanda liked them!

Carrie said...

Oh I'm so glad she liked them!

Veggiemomof2 said...

Hey I never thought about reading teen books...that way I don't have to worry about the sex content LOL :)