Thursday, October 23, 2008

Already?

It's gotten cold here. The mornings have been in the 30's all week, and it's been windy, which makes it feel even worse. Right now looking out the windy one would be deceived. The sun is bright, and the leaves (that haven't been whipped off the dying branches) blaze yellow, red and green.

When Amanda was picking out her clothes for the day, I told her, "It's pretty cold out today. Dress warmly. " She came downstairs in her hoodie Aggie sweatshirt and jeans. As she was walking out the door, I told her she should wear her coat.

"I don't want to wear my coat. No one wears coats. They take up too much space in our lockers."

When I told Terry this story, he asked, "So did you make her wear it?"

I wasn't sure what his take on it was, but I answered honestly. "No. It wasn't that cold. If she wants to be cold, I guess that's her choice."

"That's good," he said. "My mom would have made me wear it, and I would have had to stash it in the bushes."

5 comments:

Karla E said...

It's cold here too. It was 59 this morning. Matt had to wear a sweat shirt with his shorts...he NEVER wears jeans.

Anonymous said...

You won't believe it but we were in the 40s this morning (but up to mid 70s this afternoon). My kids just wear the sweatshirt or thin jacket too. How long are they really outside anyway? Glad Terry was proud of your response!
Martha (who still needs an account)

Anonymous said...

You won't believe it but we were in the 40s this morning (but up to mid 70s this afternoon). My kids just wear the sweatshirt or thin jacket too. How long are they really outside anyway? Glad Terry was proud of your response!
Martha (who still needs an account)

heather said...

That's funny--stash it in the bushes. Hee-hee.

Katrina said...

Good for you for not pushing the issue (so she didn't have to stash the coat in the bushes). :) Frustratingly, I sometimes find myself drawing a line in the sand over unimportant issues, when I really need to save it for the big ones.