Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Yesterday

Yesterday for breakfast I had cold toast and warm coffee. It was brought to me on a tray by a daughter who told me to stay in bed.

Monday I felt a reprieve from my cold for the most part, but I woke up yesterday with lots of pressure. Since I had been ordered to stay in bed, I decided to do just that. I was deep into a wonderful novel, so I just read, and read.

Amanda got hers and Kyle's breakfasts, and got herself completely ready for school with no yelling or nagging on my part. Perhaps I should stay in bed every morning.

Since Tuesdays and Thursdays are TV days for Kyle, I stayed in bed an hour after Amanda left for school while Kyle watched TV. Then I relocated to the couch to finish my book and watch him play.

He and I made a cake, so that he and Amanda could decorate it when she got home.

I thought that after all the lounging around that I would veg the whole day, but I actually felt motivated to get some stuff done during Kyle's nap, so I ended up doing some housework and laundry for a bit this afternoon.

All in all it was a good day.

Oh yeah, did I mention it was my birthday?

(Edited to add that I just put a photo of the great cake HERE).

5 comments:

Carrie said...

waaa?! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

stephanie@{Olive Tree} said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

We were waiting for you to admit that! Sorry your still feeling a little sick. I hope you have your energy back today!
the Champions

Katrina said...

Sorry you were sick on your birthday, but I'm glad you got to do plenty of relaxing and reading on your special day. And I love that Amanda took charge in the morning so you could rest!

Dianne said...

Aw, sorry you were sick on your birthday but what a gift from Amanda to offer you some time and space to yourself. Hope you are feeling better!