Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Late to the Party

I think that I first really watched Jon and Kate Plus 8 when my friend Martha's family was here last summer. Her thirteen-year-old daughter Hannah was a big fan, and so it was on more than once over those few days. I don't know why I had never watched it, I just hadn't.

Now when I'm home by myself while Kyle's at school, I often watch the re-runs that come on mid-morning while I'm surfing the net or folding laundry. I just caught the new wedding episode tonight, and I loved it.

So, I've come late to the party, but better late than never right?

It's not the first time it's happened. Amanda was late to the whole Disney tween culture, but now she (and I!) love Zack and Cody, Hannah Montana, and Phineas and Ferb.

I think that we got into Zack and Cody when I was sent a DVD to review for 5 Minutes for Mom. Then her friends at school said, "I can't believe you don't watch Phineas and Ferb. You have to watch it; you'll love it." She watched it, and then said that Terry and I just had to watch it too, and now we all love it and can sing the theme song (Terry doesn't sing, but Amanda, Kyle, and I do).


What show or fad or music or style took you a few years to catch on to? What was it that finally tipped the scales for you?

2 comments:

Katrina said...

A friend was recently ranting to me about how horrible Jon/Kate/8 is because of how Kate speaks to her husband. I decided not to tell her that I like the show, and that even Chad will watch it with me at times. If there were cameras on in our house all the time, I'd rather not think about everything the world would know.

I was late to the party on LOST, but after reading Shannon's weekly updates (on Rocks in My Dryer), I decided to give it a try. I rented the first season from Netflix and got hooked.

Lisa writes... said...

Okay, true confession: I've never watched Jon and Kate! My friend is reading her book and loves it.