Monday, December 29, 2008

Pajama-ed

Kyle has coined a new phrase.

He usually asks me each morning, "Is it a school morning?"

If I say no, he will then ask, "Where are we going today?"

If I say nowhere, even though he usually wants to go somewhere, he'll say, "Woohoo! Can we stay pajama-ed?"

Today at 11am we are all still pajama-ed. The end of this month has been a whirlwind of holiday parties and events, Christmas shopping, etc. We returned last night at 11pm from our family Christmas celebration in Virginia, so a day (or at least most of the morning) of being pajama-ed is definitely in order today.

Checking email, updating blogs, paying bills, maybe some after-Christmas online shopping -- and oh yeah -- laundry are in order today. Those are all things that can be done quite well in a state of comfort, and are maybe even done better that way, don't you agree?

9 comments:

Carrie said...

We're having a laundry day today here as well.

And I'm TOTALLY with Kyle about staying in pjs!!! Jonathan will never understand me in this area but home days are pj days as far as I'm concerned. Be comfortable. THat's my motto. ;D

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

My husband had all of last week off so we stayed "pajama-ed" most of the week. It was wonderful!

Lisa writes... said...

LOVE the pj-ed days! Not near so many now that all the kids are in school (and no, I have never taken the kids to school in my pj's--NEVER, I say!)

BookPsmith said...

I love that...we are all staying pajama-ed today too. It is 2pm and we are still comfy-cozy in our PJs. We have also been reading in our PJs. What a great combo.

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

I think that is the perfect phrase, and sometimes those are the best kind of days!

Deidre said...

Perfect! I love it when we can stay pajama-ed! Those are my favorite days :)

Dianne said...

I am not one to stay in my PJs long in the morning but getting into them around 7pm and snuggling up with a good book or movie in front of the fire always sounds good to me! But I think Kyle may have coined a new phrase there!

Jen Rouse said...

I've pretty much decided to stay pajama-ed most of the day today too. Thanks to you for vindicating my decision, and to Kyle for giving it a name!

Katrina said...

Very cute. I rarely stay pajama-ed, but probably should do it more often.