Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Snow Day

Sunday we had our first real snow. Kyle had been quite excited this year for the white stuff, and the few times we've had flurries, he's been ecstatic. So Sunday morning we skipped the drive to church (being a little uncertain about the roads, but mostly just taking a snow day if I'm being honest), and the kids suited up to play instead.

I decided to join them. I guess I must really have the Christmas spirit.

So I got on my warm and waterproof clothes, exited the house through the garage, and saw Kyle standing in the garage pushing the snow around with his kid-sized snow shovel, and saw Amanda lying in the driveway making her first snow angel of the year.

Just as in years' past, Kyle doesn't like the snow. This year he at least likes the idea of it, so maybe we're making progress?

Between dragging Kyle out of his comfort zone (the cement in the garage), and Amanda being mad at him for not playing with her, I didn't manage to get a cute photo of the two of them.



However, Shadow loved it! She loves running to the top of the driveway as Amanda pulls the sled up, and then running alongside the sledder, which does add an element of danger.



I even forcefully made convinced Kyle to sled with me. He made me sit in front, and made Amanda hold the dog so she wouldn't scare him.

2 comments:

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

That looks like fun!!! We had snow on Sunday (pics went up today) but not near as much as you had. It's all gone today thanks to the 60 degree weather! What is up with that?! We're in the 60s and Houston has snow. Something is seriously wrong!

Katrina said...

Aw, great pictures. Thanks for sharing! I got Logan a snowsuit this year, and some gloves, hoping he'll want to play in the snow a bit. However, he's already screamed "NO" at the mere suggestion of gloves, so I'm not sure how much progress we'll make.