Since we survived the bout that ravaged through our family last week, I thought I'd share some tips. Most are probably common knowledge, but I did want to share about one new product that I found.
My four-year-old (the first offender) was just fine when he woke up the next morning after throwing up a few times. He wanted breakfast, so I gave it to him, and he was fine.
SURVIVAL TIP #1: Do not feed them unless they specifically ask.
When my husband and I were sick, we didn't take one bite until well into the afternoon. My ten-year-old daughter felt the same way later in the week. However, she did want something, so I went shopping for popsicles, because small sips (or licks as it might be) won't usually come back up. She gave me very specific instructions on flavors (no grape or cherry or strawberry). I found something that not only fit the flavor instructions, but solved the drippy mess that popsicles generally become:
Popsicle Mighty Minis. They are advertised as "bite-sized" and "long-lasting." and they are. They are a bit smaller in diameter than the bullet pops about 3 inches long. The truth is I'm a bit of a popsicle Scrooge, even in the summer time, but I think that I'm a convert now. These are perfect!
SURVIVAL TIP #2: Antibacterial or bleach wipes. These are SO convenient, and while I don't use them for my routine cleaning, I loved being able to swab down the toilet and the sink throughout the day (although it apparently didn't keep the rest of us well this time around).
SURVIVAL TIP #3: Teach the kids to use the bucket.
SURVIVAL TIP #4: Remember it's almost always over in 24 hours, which makes it a bit more bearable.
For more (less icky) tips, visits Rocks in My Dryer each week for Works-for-Me-Wednesday.