Monday, March 23, 2009

Amanda's SRT List

Guest posted by Amanda (age 10/5th grade):

My mom was telling me about this reading challenge, so I thought it would be fun to join in (and maybe win a prize!). I have thought about the books I might read between now and June 20, but I'll probably read even more. I think it will be fun to write down ALL the books I read this Spring.

Here are the books I plan to read:

I just finished reading The Tail of Emily Windsnap, and I found out that there are two more, so I am going to read them:



I read The Time Travelers a while ago, and so now I'm going to read the second in the series The Time Thief.

I'm reading some more series too:


I really loved Uglies, and so now Mom is reading it out loud to me, because I wanted her to read it. I want to read the others in the series, like Pretties but Mom might not let me yet.

I've also been trying to find the third book by N.E. Bode called The Somebodies. The first two (starting with The Anybodies) were great.

I want to read more about Anne Shirley, and so I'm going to try Anne of Avonlea. Mom found out she can get a whole set on her new Kindle 2, so I might read even more of them.

The rest of these books are Nutmegs, our state book award


I read one book by Wendy Mass recently that was a Nutmeg (Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life), and now I want to read ALL of Wendy Mass' books. She is the best author in the history of ever. I'm currently reading 11 Birthdays, and plan to add the others that she wrote to my list soon.

My mom writes about books that I've liked for the 5 Minutes for Books' Kids' Picks carnival on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, so you can come back then to see which books I've enjoyed. I'll also write about ALL the books I read at the end of the challenge.

Now that you see the kinds of books I like, if you have any other recommendations, leave me a comment!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Carrie said...

BTW, thanks for making it a full feed. I click over anyway to see the full post but this is convenient as I'm reading through my reader. =)

And YAY for Amanda joining the challenge. I can't wait until Joshua is old enough to do this with me. What a cool thing.

Amanda, I can't wait to hear what you think about Emily Windsnap and the Anne books in particular as I think those are the only ones from your list I've read!

Dianne said...

Amanda is lucky to have such a well-read mom, and how fun to enjoy reading some of the same books together. Oh and I do like the full feeds but I make it a habit to click over every so often.

Martha said...

Amanda! Great list. I may have to pick some of them up. Hannah loved the Uglies series too. I just read The Gollywhopper Games and Pederwicks on Gardam Street for our state award the Bluebonnet. I liked them both. I'll let you know if I like any of the other ones I read.

stephanie@{Olive Tree} said...

I've read the Time Traveler's books and really enjoyed them! :) I'm ready for a third book to be available in that series.

Pops said...

Way to go, Granddaughter. We are so proud of you. At your age, I too, had discovered the thrill of reading (yes, even boys read).
LOVE
POPS and TUTU

Anonymous said...

amanda - ross is reading double identity as well. He read book one in a new series by that same author The Missing. ook 2 is due out this spring, and ross is anxiously awaiting its arrival. Good luck on the challenge. I am going to challenge Ross and Olivia as well.

_Karen

Kylee's 2009 said...

Jennifer: In regards to Pretties.

I've read the first 3 in the series. I think it would be okay for your daughter to read Pretties (or be read to). You may want to wait until she is 13 or so to let her read Specials though.

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Amanda - Thank you so much for participating in Spring Reading Thing '09! I think it's awesome that you read so much, and I love that you decided to be part of the challenge.

It looks like you have a great selection of books -- lots of variety. I think Camden might be interested in the books by N.E. Bode -- I'll have to check those out.

Enjoy ALL your reading!