Friday, March 13, 2009

Things Are Not Always as They Seem

It's 9:20am.

I'm sitting at Panera Bread drinking a Diet Pepsi.

I wondered when I ordered it along with my bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich (on soft grilled ciabatta bread--yum) if the woman assumed that I'm "one of those" people, non-coffee drinkers who load up on diet soda at insanely early hours of the day.

Well, I'm not (though no doubt I've offended those of you who are -- no offense meant).

It's just that I had more-than-enough coffee this morning at home, and thought an icy soda would go great with my warm sandwich (and it did).

Looking out the windows here, the sky is blue. It's bright and sunny. It looks like a beautiful day.

But it's not.

It's cold -- below freezing with a predicted high of 39.

These days always trip me up, especially when there's a little wind, as there was yesterday. How can it be so unpleasantly frigid when it looks so beautiful?

I guess one could ask that question about so much more than morning beverage choices and sunny days, but I'm not going to go there on this Friday morning. Let's stick to talking about the weather.

5 comments:

Katrina said...

Same weather here. It looks gorgeous and warm, when you're simply observing through the windows. But a trip to the mailbox quickly reminded me that it's still very, very cold.

Also, your post made me want to go to Panera. Alone. Sigh...

Martha said...

We are only getting up to 37! It also has been raining for 3 days! Last Sunday it was 81! Gotta love living in Texas!

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

We just have freezing and cloudy. I wish we could get some of the sun! And, I am one of those diet drinks in the morning people, but I don't drink coffee (and I am not offended by your comment).

Also, I couldn't help but send you this link:

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/obits/stories/2009/03/13/Myrtice_McCurdy_obituary.html

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows said...

I am not sure that the whole link was in the last comment.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/obits/stories/2009/03/13/Myrtice_McCurdy_obituary.html

Lisa writes... said...

Still never been to Panera...

:-(

Though if and when I get to go I will definitely order coffee--who cares what time of day?