Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easy Egg Salad

Is anyone else using up hard-boiled colored eggs? We didn't actually color ours until Easter Sunday afternoon, and then we were gone the last couple of days, so this morning I made egg salad.

I read this tip somewhere, and so I thought I'd pass it along. Use your pastry blender to "cut" up your hard boiled eggs. I think that I tried it with my older one, which had the more flexible wires without such good results, but this was the first time I had used my more sturdier model (similar to the one shown). It worked great!

I just peeled the eggs into a tupperware dish (the same one I'd store it in), mashed with the blender, added some seasoned salt, dijon mustard, and mayonnaise (about half and half -- a little heavier on the mayo).

Guess what's for lunch?

5 comments:

Shelley said...

You did better than us--we didn't color eggs until Monday night! Thanks for the tip. We still have some eggs I can try it on.

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Chad always looks forward to the post-Easter egg salad. :) I'm not a fan of eggs or egg salad, but Camden and Chad have enjoyed them.

Lisa writes... said...

I love egg salad! Though my husband gags every time I make it (I mean, the two or three times I actually defied him and made it anyway).

Lori W. said...

Great idea - and I have one of these pastry blenders! I'm now going to boil some eggs just so I can use it and make egg salad for the weekend. I LOVE egg salad!

litterbox said...

What wonderful ways to prepare egg salad.