Thursday, June 04, 2009

15 in 15

I've participated in Booking Through Thursday a time or two, but I saw Carrie's post for this week, and I had to jump in as well:

“This can be a quick one. Don’t take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you’ve read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes.”

Since it's supposed to be quick, I won't take the time to find links. I like links, because I always want to check out books that people mention. But you can open amazon.com in a new window and then search if you'd like.

Starting my 15 minutes now at 3:25 -- no particular order:

  1. My Own Country by Abraham Verghese
  2. The Color Code (nutrition)
  3. Into Thin Air by John Krakauer
  4. The Kite Runner by Kholeid Hosseni
  5. Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss
  6. Grace-Based Parenting by Tim Kimmel
  7. The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall (I really enjoyed it and it renewed my love for reading children's lit)
  8. The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
  9. Every Mother is a Daughter by Perri and Sheila Klass
  10. Hannah's Dream by Diane Hammond
  11. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
  12. Mandy by Julie Andrews Edwards (from childhood and sharing with my own children)
  13. the Little House books (from childhood)
  14. The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan
That was only 10 minutes, but since it was supposed to be quick, I'm not going to keep thinking. This is a pretty good representation I think of books that I really enjoy or end up recommending to people over and over again.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

HA! I had the HARDEST time not taking the extra time to include the Amazon links with my titles. I like the links too. ;) I had to FORCE myself to move on . . .

Lisa writes... said...

Great list! Like I told Carrie, I think I will totally do this over at my place...but tomorrow...

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I really like this Booking Through Thursday... Of course, today's Friday, so I missed it. :) I'd have to include the Chronicles of Narnia, since they are never far from my mind. And The Marriage Builder by Larry Crabb, which really helped me see marriage in a new light.

I loved reading your list -- thanks for sharing!

Alice Teh said...

We have The Kite Runner in both our lists! :D

Thanks for popping by!

Robin of My Two Blessings said...

Great list, though the only ones I've read are the little house books. Have some catching up to do.

My post is finally up. here