Saturday, June 20, 2009

All the Books Amanda Read This Spring

Amanda (age 10 1/2) also joined in the Spring Reading Thing this year. Here's her report.

My original list had 13 titles, but I couldn't know which books to put on my list. I actually read 29 books.

Ms. Callapidder Days asked some questions, so here are some of my answers.
  • Did you finish reading all the books on your spring reading list? If not, why not?
  • Did you stick to your original goals or did you change your list as you went along?
I changed my list as I went along. Some of the books I wanted to read, I couldn't find at the library. I didn't read all the books on my list, but I read more books than I listed. My mom didn't let me read certain books, because she hadn't read them yet.
  • What was your favorite book that you read this spring? Least favorite? Why?
I liked most of the books I read. I starred * the books that I really liked. I started some books, but didn't finish them if I didn't like them, so they aren't on the list.
  • Did you discover a new author or genre this spring? Did you love them? Not love them?
I discovered Caroline Cooney. I really like her books.
  • What was your favorite thing about the challenge?
I liked seeing how many books I read in the Spring. I know I could've read more.

I didn't make links to the books, but if you want to check them out, you can search amazon.



By Wendy Mass:
*11 Birthdays (2 times)
Mango-Shaped Place

Nutmegs -- state book award
Archer's Quest
*Code Orange (Caroline Cooney)
Pieces of Georgia (aloud with mom)
Year of the Dog
*Double Identity

Others:
*The Moon by Night
Shadows of Diamonds (Caroline Cooney)
*Wanted (Caroline Cooney)
The Incredible Journey
News For Dogs
Violet Raines Got Struck by Lightning
*Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Hotel for Dogs
Savvy
Wings
*Trial by Journal
Molly Moon's Incredible Book of Hypnotism
Molly Moon Stops the World
Molly Moon's Incredible Time Travel Adventure
*Molly Moon, Micky Minus and the Mind Machine
*Sea Legs
Wolf Brother
Penderwicks on Gardam Street
*Schooled
Eragon
The Wanderer (almost finished)

I also listened to a lot of books. The last couple of weeks, I listened more than I read, because Mom got *The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan (the brand-new Percy Jackson book). I also listened to The Chosen One, Chasing Vermeer, and the *Hunger Games.

8 comments:

Carrie said...

Woah, Amanda, you read a LOT of books!

I waill wanted to ready Savvy. I've heard good things about it. And I'm curious to know what you thought of Eragon.

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Fantastic job, Amanda! You really read a lot of books. And I'm glad you enjoyed so many of them.

We have the movie version of Hotel for Dogs here right now, but haven't watched it yet. I think my 10.5-year-old, C., might like to read the book after we watch it.

Thanks again for being part of the challenge. I'm so glad you joined the reading fun!

Veggiemomof2 said...

Great job on the reading! I know spring is a rough time for reading because there is so much stuff to do at the end of the school year & the weather is finally getting nice enough to play outside.

Veggiemomof2 said...

Great job on the reading! I know spring is a rough time for reading because there is so much stuff to do at the end of the school year & the weather is finally getting nice enough to play outside.

Nise' said...

Way to go Amanda!

bigguysmama said...

Amanda, you remind me of my girls when they were your age. They're both older teens now and you'll never find them without a book! I really enjoyed the responses to Katrina's questions. You did a great job!

Blessings,
Mimi

dianne said...

Wow, great job Amanda! I forwarded this post to my sister, thinking my almost 12 yr old niece (geez, how'd that happen?!) might enjoy some of these!

lyndalepress said...

Jennifer, you commented on a blog post of mine waay back - more than a year ago - about Savvy. I am only not just getting to it but I really like it so far! Thank you for drawing my attention to it.