Monday, June 15, 2009

Hungry much?

I have a friend who likes food a bit (the fact that she's tall and thin in spite of this love of food could be irksome, but I'll skip over that tidbit). When I say that she likes food, I mean she likes to eat food, yes, but she likes to look at food on websites, in cooking magazines, and online. She also likes to talk about food. At least once a week when we are chatting on the phone, she'll ask "What are you making for dinner?" or tell me about a fantastic dish that she cooked or ate at a restaurant.

She shares her love of cooking with her kids, and in fact her daughter was recently a finalist in a recipe contest.

So, she did what any reasonable person would do -- she started a blog.

She posts at least once a week (not too much to overwhelm you, but enough to keep you interested). Lately she's been writing about using up the bounty from her garden, and knowing that she has a sweet tooth and one daughter in particular who has the urge to bake, I'm sure that there will always be sweets there as well (and remember, we've decided not to hate her because she likes baked goods and is thin).

So please let me introduce to you: foodie plus 4.

Go over and read a few of her posts. New bloggers (well ALL bloggers) love comments, so if you like what you see let her know. Then bookmark her site or subscribe to her feed and go back again and again.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Well, a blog - of course - is the only way to go! Looking at her site right now . . .

foodieplus4 said...

Ok, you get the Best Friend Ever award! Thanks for the write up and your fine blog example.
We missed you all last night. Hope the pizza was fun.

L.L. Barkat said...

Oh, I love food too. Yes, yes, yes.

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I checked it out and will definitely go back again. Thanks for the heads-up!

Lisa writes... said...

I have a friend exactly like yours! She too started a blog, cookinggroceries.blogspot.com. I'll have my friend visit your friend and they can talk food! :-)