Bookstore stacks are a little better -- not tall and closed in, but shorter, brighter (except for in the uber-awesome Powell's City of Books in Portland, which did feel similar to library stacks, but I still loved).
Most of my book browsing is done online these days, either at amazon.com or as I peruse my fellow booklovers' blogs.
Here are my recent reviews that posted at 5 Minutes for Books (and not so recent, as it seems it's once-again been a few weeks since I've posted):
- Please don't miss my review of Rooftops of Tehran. It's one of my favorite reads of the year. There's a guest post going up Sunday from the author as well that will give even more insight into the lovely story and the intriguing author.
- We did a podcast with author Katherine Center, and it's my favorite podcast yet. Even if you haven't read Everyone is Beautiful, if you want insight into how an author writes, or if you wonder about the role of women/mothers, please listen.
- The Chosen One audiobook was excellent. Amanda just enjoyed it as well. It's a great YA book, but also an excellent selection for adults. I loved this book (you can win one of 3 copies in our Summer Fun Giveaway too).
Other Giveaways to Enter:
- For whatever reason, Dawn's review of If You Give a Mom a Martini over at 5 Minutes for Mom isn't getting much response. You can enter through Monday morning. She says it's a perfect motivation to take a little time for yourself, and would be a great gift for a new mom.
- 10 Best of Everything Families
- Scratch and Sketch activity books
- The Chore Board Game