Monday, June 01, 2009

Read Together -- June



So, are you reading together? Feel free to add a link within the comment sections, or give us a little report or set a new goal.

For us, we are doing well, I think. It seems that Amanda and I have managed to squeeze in time to read a book aloud. It happens most consistently for 15 - 20 minutes in the morning, but there are other times when we read a few pages. A few weeks ago, we started The Young Unicorns by Madeleine L'Engle. We're just going to keep plugging along. I'd like to finish it this month, and I think that we will. I don't have another book in mind, and I'm not sure that we'll start one, because we leave July 3 for a two-week long trip** to Texas. I do plan to listen to some audiobooks**.

I might make her join in with Kyle and me on the Little House books. She stubbornly continues to insist that she doesn't like those books, but I think that she would enjoy the later ones (which aren't the ones I'm reading to Kyle anyway). But Kyle and I enjoying Little House in the Big Woods anyway. We sort of stalled the last couple of weeks (and it's not because of what he learned), but I want to pick it back up again.

**Speaking of trips -- I just posted a review for a great couple of activity sets from Peter Pauper Press over at 5 Minutes for Books. Enter to win a Scratch and Sketch book of your choice.

**And speaking of audiobooks, Amanda is listening to The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams, which I just listened to a couple of weeks ago, so we are "reading" that together as well. We'll be giving away 3 copies of that audiobook later this week at 5 Minutes for Books, so keep your eye on all of our Summer Fun Giveaways.

1 comment:

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Um... I *completely* fell off the wagon in May! We went from three weeks of illness directly into potty-training and reading together just hasn't happened much. I'm still reading w/ Logan -- bedtime and during the day, but haven't read w/ Camden since early May.