Friday, July 31, 2009

Hello Mutha, Hello Fatha

We got news from Amanda at camp yesterday.

She had promised her brother she'd write him, and sure enough, the letter came today. I was happy to get it, and even happier that it brought good tidings:

"Please read this yourself" (he did pretty well, but of course needed help on some words)

Dear Kyle,

I'm having so much fun at camp! I love it here! We sing, we have a church class, there's tubing and kayaking. It's so much fun.

I went kayaking with my camp counselor Kaela and Haley. It was really great. I miss you so much! See you on Saturday.

Love, Amanda (your loving sister)

PS Tell Mom thanks for all the cool stuff! (the care package left in advance for her to open)

3 comments:

morninglight mama said...

That is wonderful! What a great adventure for your growing girl to have, and that is one amazingly loving letter to a little brother. :)

Carie said...

How sweet is that? My girls didn't write their little brother, but they did purchase a gift for him. I hated that he was left behind, but I think we had a pretty good time. :-)

Love the PS. What a sweet girl.

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Love it! Very sweet.