Friday, July 24, 2009

Recovering

Yes, a long trip always requires some time to recover when one returns. There's the inevitable mountain of laundry, a trip to the grocery store to restock the fridge, returning phone calls, cleaning out email inboxes, etc. etc.

That's what I was up to on Monday and Tuesday. Then Wednesday I awoke feeling a little queasy. A little off. I was determined to beat it with mind over matter. I wasn't sick. Since I felt badly that morning, I stopped after one cup of coffee (coffee has got to be the worst thing to put in an upset stomach), and I didn't eat breakfast. I thought that I was okay, so the kids and I got out to cross some more to-dos off our list (in addition to all the regular post-trip stuff, Amanda leaves for sleepaway camp on Sunday, so there's that).

By noon, I was wiped out, my stomach hurt, and I needed to get home. I dropped Amanda off with her friend (since playdates are essential to children after being away for any length of time), and Kyle and I returned home, where I laid down on the couch and dozed and moved as little as possible. Yep, it had hit.

I thought I was okay on Thursday, and my piece of breakfast toast was sitting well, so when we were at Costco, I had a piece of pizza for lunch. Bad idea. We returned home, and I took up residence on the couch again and stuck to applesauce and chicken noodle soup.

I think I'm back to 100% today, but just to be sure, I stuck with my trusty toast for breakfast and will have my chicken noodle soup for lunch. I'm going to a "gourmet party" tonight, so I hope I'll be able to taste to my heart's content.

From what are you recovering this week?

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh that's no fun. =( I hope you are fully recovered by this evening!

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

My sympathies!! It's never a good thing when Mom is sick. I'm recovering from vacation in Maine, GNO (at IHOP until 2:45 AM!!!) & a 3 yr old birthday party.

I think your Thomas fan would enjoy the Seashore Trolley Museum in Kennebunkport. Lots of trolleys (trains) to explore and you can take the 30 minute ride as many times as you want.

morninglight mama said...

Oh man, hope all is well now! I'm in the prep stage again, after not really finishing unpacking from last weekend's 4 day trip, we're now getting ready for another. But this time, I have a SUPER AMAZING packing list! :)

foodieplus4 said...

I'm recovering from that smokin' party tonight! Yee-haw!

Lori W. said...

I looked over to the right after I read your blog post and right there was a Pepto ad - sounds like you definitely could have used that! How funny that the ad was the second thing I saw after reading your post.

I hope you are feeling much better!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Oh I'm sorry. I hope that you are feeling completely better and that you were able to enjoy the party.

I'm recovering from our recent trip...laundry, errands, etc. Oh, and exhaustion too. :)