Monday, August 17, 2009

4 BR 2 1/2 BA


Finally! After a marathon journey, we finally have all three of our bathrooms back in complete working order.

I posted the before and after pics of the results of our first two bathrooms three months ago. The original plan was for there to be a short break in between projects, so that we'd have all the bathrooms in use while we had guests. However, the rule about contractors is "If you have them, don't let them go!" After me delaying an additional few weeks while deciding what I wanted to do in the master bath, getting the work crew back to start the second phase of the job turned out to be difficult.

They eventually started in late June, and then due to layoffs and other issues, took almost two MONTHS to finish a project that should have been finished in two WEEKS. Nonetheless, it's done, and can I say that it looks beautiful??

The reason that we went with this particular contractor is that he does his own carpentry work, and made these custom cabinets. I think that it was worth it.

Forgive the very bad focus and angles, but here are a few more pictures, including the painted ceiling which so many people were curious about when I posted What I Learned About Paint.





4 comments:

morninglight mama said...

Holy fancy schmancy!! Everything looks so beautiful- very well done. :)

Dad said...

We love it!!!!!! Can't wait to see it in person.

Carie said...

Wow. Gorgeous bathrooms! Doesn't a spa-like bath make you feel like a princess? :-)

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

It is hard to get good pictures/angles of bathrooms, but you're right -- it looks wonderful!! I'm so glad it's done, and I bet that you -- like me -- will be glad to take a break from remodeling for a while. :)