Thursday, October 01, 2009

Check it Out!

In lieu of a real post, how about some links?

But first, how about some excuses about my scarcity . . . company (delightfully cute, fun company), a tween girl who is getting busier by the day, and you know -- housework, cooking, reading to the children, watching TV . . . .



The whole Cybils process starts today! I wrote about it a bit over at 5 Minutes for Books.

My friend Lee muses about gardening and child-rearing (and includes some really cute pics of Kyle!).

I reviewed Traveling for Pomegrantes on 5 Minutes for Mom. It's an interesting mother-daughter/travel/aging memoir by Sue Monk Kidd. There are 2 copies up for grabs -- internationally, so pop over to enter the giveaway and read the review before Sunday evening.

I also reviewed another set of books with a giveaway: Snuggle Me Story Books. Look at my niece enjoying them. You can enter through October 13.



And to be fair, here's the sweet baby's big sister and my own big girl as well:



I think I've been remiss about posting links to my other reviews in the last month or so. Shame on me, because I've read some books I really enjoyed.

Three excellent novels:

The Promised World -- character driven suspense
Crossing Washington Square -- chick-ish lit, but with a smart debate about women's fiction as a subplot
Only You -- I rated this 5 Stars, and can't say much more about it. Click over and read the review.

Nonfiction:

13 is the New 18 -- a funny mom memoir, highly recommended to moms of tweens
You'd be So Pretty If -- I've had this on my nightstand lists for a while, and finally read it. Also highly recommended to moms of daughters.

Books on Screen:

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

House of Sand and Fog

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I LOVE the book cloudy with a chance of meatballs. I came across it while babysitting my little (formerly little, now in their 20's) cousins many, many years ago.

Dana said...

What cute nieces you have!