Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Blank Square

Today I had a blank square in my BusyBodyBook planner.

Well, not totally empty. There was a note that Amanda has early dismissal, and Kyle didn't have school today (Since they have early dismissal for conferences this week, instead of half-day Kindergarten they are going every other day for the entire shortened day). But there were no notes about needing to pick up someone or take a dog to the vet and there were no other responsive items that I have to do even though they don't end up on the calendar like having to take a forgotten instrument to the school in the morning.

In spite of no appointments and responsibilities, I filled that blank square. Since we're having company for Thanksgiving -- both houseguests (my sister's first visit here), and people coming over for the day -- a major housecleaning is in order. So I've been working on the areas that are usually hidden -- closets, cupboards and the dreaded always-in-need of tidying basement.

I didn't get quite as much done as I had hoped, with the regular responsibilities of making meals and snacks for Kyle, laundry, dishes, and pleasant interruptions like phone calls and requests to play a game.

But I enjoyed living in the blank square. It's been a while since it appeared and I don't see much white space in the days and weeks to come.

6 comments:

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

OOOhh, I feel your basement pain!! :)

Dad said...

Sorry that I phoned and interrupted your day. NOT!!!
LOVE

Dad said...

Sorry that I phoned and interrupted your day. NOT!!!
LOVE

Carrie said...

I hope you thoroughly enjoyed that blank square as best as you were able!

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read that post. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read the post. Thank author for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.