Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Books I Love to Give

I've been looking forward to this topic of Children's Classics over at 5 Minutes for Books, ever since we made the schedule. The topic is Books You Love to Give.

(If your child expects to get a gift from me this year, you might want to stop reading. Christmas is better when there are surprises, right??)

I love to give books. I give books to new babies, to kids on their birthdays, to grown-ups. I love shopping for books, so if I can combine that love with gifting as well, I'm a happy camper.

So here's the list of books that I find myself turning to again and again:

For young 'uns (birth up through Kindergarten): Bill Martin Jr.'s Big Book of Poetry

For older elementary kids (ten and up): Mysterious Benedict Society series

For that mother-daughter duo on your list, or tweens and young teen girls, or classic lovers who also might appreciate well-written children's literature: Mother-Daughter Bookclub (last day to enter giveaway)

For kids (four - eight or so), or anyone starting a new venture in life (new career, graduate etc): Scaredy Squirrel (and I really love Scaredy Squirrel Makes a Friend, too).

This isn't a children's book, but children have moms, and they need moms who know who they are -- probably my most-given book (and a book which I believe someone gave to me as a gift): Ordinary Mom, Extraordinary God

Please check out the books that others love to give over at 5 Minutes for Books Children's Classics. Write up your own list or leave a comment sharing your very favorite books to give.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Grinning about MBS. And you are making me really, REALLY curious about the Mother-Daughter Bookclub. Really curious!

morninglight mama said...

Yes, yes, MBS is on our list for the new year. JAM and I will read it together. :)

Anonymous said...

ut男同志聊天室,成人圖片區,交友104相親網,0951成人頻道下載,男同志聊天室,成人貼圖,成人影片,tt1069同志交友網,成人視訊,aio交友愛情館,情色視訊,情色視訊,色情遊戲,交友戀愛小站,jp成人,熊貓貼圖,成人圖片,成人文章,正妹,成人小說,杜蕾斯成人,ut 聊天室,熊貓貼圖區,交友聊天找e爵,ol制服美女影片,777成人區,bt成人,女同志聊天室,貼圖片區,一葉情貼圖片區,6k聊天室,69成人,成人貼圖站,色情影片,聊天室ut,免費成人影片,成人漫畫,0204貼圖區,小高聊天室,歐美免費影片,

Renee said...

I love all your choices! My boys are just loving The Mysterious Benedcit Society. Have a wonderful week!

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Ah, Extraordinary Mom... -- my all-time favorite book to give as a gift. I'm giving it again this Christmas!

Good picks on the kids books, too. I think Scaredy Squirrel would go over well with just about anyone. Even L, at 3, is enjoying Scaredy Squirrel Makes a Friend. He doesn't "get it" all, but loves the pictures and the silliness that he does get.