Here's Amanda's original list with some comments:
- The Gregor the Overlander books 2-6 (by Suzanne Collins) -- Enjoyed finishing these
- Dear Pen Pal -- Liked this one
- Daddy Long Legs -- Liked reading this aloud with Mom
- Love, Stargirl -- It was good
- Harry Potter 5 (re-read)
- Harry Potter 6 (re-read)
- Harry Potter 7 -- Woohoo! It as great, finally!!
- The Nobodies -- I love these books!
- The Anybodies
- All the Nutmegs I haven't read yet -- I decided I didn't want to read all of them.
- Finish Peter and the Starcatchers -- I decided I didn't really want to read these now.
- Peter and the Shadow Thieves
- Peter and the Secret of Rundoon
As usual, I read many books not on this list (you can see the ones I reviewed on 5 Minutes for Books HERE), but I'm just going to report on the ones that I listed:
Thirsty by Tracey Bateman -- I read a few chapters, but stopped
Little Bird of Heaven by Joyce Carole Oates -- This one seemed a little dark, so I never quite felt in the mood
America, America by Ethan Canin -- I'm reading this now, and loving it!
Dismantled by Jennifer McMahon -- This seemed a little creepy, and I was never in that mood
The Hunger Mirror -- This blog tour was postponed
Once in a Blue Moon by Eileen Gouge -- A nice, easy read, linked to my review
Non-fiction (Most of these are very readable memoir-ish books):
Come Back Como -- Didn't read
The Hidden Life of Deer -- Loved it, linked to my review
The Kids are All Right -- Read it and didn't like it at all.
With Amanda (aloud or alongside):
Dear Pen Pal (the third in the Mother-Daughter Book Club) -- Great! Linked to my review
Daddy Long Legs (the classic that the books is based on) -- Loved it. Linked to my thoughts.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- it's time to wrap up the series at last -- but I didn't, yet.
Other Middle Grade or YA fiction:
From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler -- Fun to go down memory lane, linked to my review
Escape Under the Forever Sky -- Amanda loved this, but I still haven't read it
The Other Side of Blue -- It was okay
When the Whistle Blows -- This is still on my shelf
Troubling a Star -- I still want to get to this book, the last in the Meet the Austins series by Madeleine L'Engle
Do you like challenges? Click over to 5 Minutes for Books and tell us what challenges you have enjoyed or what challenges you are signing up for in 2010.