Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas



We got a light snow on Saturday evening, and then Tuesday night we got a good covering (and consequently, Wednesday's snow day is now already making our spring schedule longer).

We've also decked the halls, so we are definitely feeling like and looking like Christmas around here.


As the kids decorated the tree, their banter amused me:

"Oh, you kept this one," Kyle said as he found the requisite preschool glitter-framed photo ornament (seen towards the top of the tree in that picture). Then I got "the look," then the big hug.

Amanda said, "You'll be embarrassed about that picture later." But even the skeptical tween proudly pulled out her own handmade ornaments saying, things like "I was younger than Kyle when I made this one!" and "I remember this one."

The one that they fought over hanging was our brand new addition: The Night at the Museum Battle for the Smithsonian ornament that we got as a favor at our sleepover at the museum. Hopefully they will reminisce about our fun time in future years as they pull it out.

I've had years where I've been very Scrooge-y about decorating (read "The Year(s) Without a Christmas Tree"), but seeing how much my children enjoy it, and creating nostalgia as the memories shaped like Christmas baubles come out of the box remind me that it's something that should definitely be part of our holiday.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

This post just makes me smile.

Melissa @ Breath of Life said...

Love the snow. Wishing we had some.

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Glad you guys did the tree this year! Our tree-trimming evening had more bickering than I initially envisioned. :) But it was still nice, and topped off with hot chocolate.

It's been snowing here occasionally, but nothing has stayed more than a few hours...

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , perhaps very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://hecobydo.freehostyou.com/gapalo.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life