Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes (of Book Bloggers)

"Kyle, look at this new book that I got. We're going to read it tonight."



Okay," he agreed. "Can we read it tomorrow instead?"

"No, we need to read it tonight."

"Oh," he said, nodding. "It's one of those books that you have to report? And it's due tomorrow?"

Why yes, my son -- yes it is.

I wanted to write up my review of Olivia Acts Up today, because it's one of the books featured in the big Simon and Schuster giveaway of more than 10 books for kids of all ages. You can read my review at 5 Minutes for Books, and then be sure to go over to 5 Minutes for Mom (by Sunday) to enter to win the big set of books.

*****

I made Amanda's day by being a book blogger today as well. Last week, I had the chance to get Margaret Peterson Haddix's latest book from Amazon Vine. Claim to Fame came out in November. I'm actually excited to review it because it will be the first book that I've read by Haddix, who is definitely one of Amanda's favorite authors.

*****

Since yesterday was our first day back in town after being with family for Christmas, it was perhaps the biggest laze around and recharge day ever, so Amanda read the entire book.

I caught up on email and blog stuff since I actually went over 4 days without even going near a computer.

Kyle played with a bunch of new toys (and stayed pajama-ed).

5 comments:

Sarah said...

It was so great to see you guys! I wish I was pajama-ed right now, but alas I'm at work...

morninglight mama said...

Love this-- yes, the kids have certainly become aware of the book blogger obligations. :)

Martha said...

Kyle has you figured out!!! I love it! I hope you had a wonderful holiday.

Carrie said...

Ha! Ha!

Yes, I've managed to become a hero of sorts around here of late - even to Jonathan! =) And yes, I always get asked if we "have" to do something because I need a blog post....

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Cute that Kyle knew the deal right away!

Also, I love laze around days...