The chirping crickets here at Snapshot indicate otherwise. The fact that 5 Minutes for Books’ Wednesday giveaway posted without announcing the winners from the previous week, because I completely forgot about adding that information in that morning confirms it.
So, what did I do instead in the incomparable Four Seasons hotel in Chicago in my hours of downtime (a fair amount, considering I woke up early since my body clock was on East-coast time, had a couple of hours in the afternoon before dinner, and I stayed up late – really late – giving myself a couple of hours in the evening)?
- I did some bare-bones administrative stuff on my site.
- I wrote and posted the Stop & Shop/Giant gift card contest for the 5 Minutes for Mom Mother’s Day giveaway.
- I tried to stay on top of my email.
- I luxuriated in the plush comfortable bed. Really plush. Really comfortable. Need I say more?
- I stayed up way too late channel surfing from bed (see above).
- I spent much more time than usual grooming myself and changing clothes. Now this may be far TMI for many of you, but it was an interesting development in my child-free, husband-free getaway. I am a utilitarian showerer. I
usuallyshower once a day. I don’t revel in it; I just do it. However, with downtime in the afternoon one day, I took the opportunity to take a shower and it was the best shower ever. Perhaps it’s because it was followed by a relaxing facial at Allyu Spa, but it was a great experience. The bathtub was nice as well. It was surrounded by beautiful tile and was deep and clean and serene.
One of the devices that never fails to crack me up is the use of a dramatic song sequence. Eric Carmen's All by Myself is a perfect example of such a song. Now, in this song, he's a bit mournful about being "all by myself," and I have not a twinge of sadness or doubt about it, but since it's my blogpost, I'll choose the soundtrack that I want, so click on over and smile along with me.
I am actually wishing for more peaceful Four Seasons kind of solitude as I sit here in O'Hare airport waiting for the plane, which was delayed inbound. It's actually not too bad here, and thanks to airport WIFI, I'm able to post this.
Are there any songs that totally crack you up when you hear them on a commercial, TV show or movie?
How do you spend your time when you're all alone (ARE you ever all alone?)?