At 5 Minutes for Books we all shared our "Year in Review(s)" as well. Check it out.
This year was the first that I was really faithful about keeping a reader's notebook. It helped me write my reviews, and track what I was reading and how long it took me to read them.
I probably didn't track every book, but my reading journal records 106 books read in 2009. In addition to that, I listened to at least 15 audiobooks (which I didn't always track).
Here's the breakdown:
Fiction (adult), 41 books. Here are the stand-outs, linked to my reviews:
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- Weight of Heaven by Thrity Umrigar
- Rooftops of Tehran by Mahbod Seraji
- After You by Julie Buxbaum
- My Life in France by Julia Child
- Eat My Globe by Simon Majumdar
- Halfway to Each Other by Susan Pohlman
- Mennonite in a Little Black Dress by Rhoda Janzen
- The Red Leather Diary by Lily Koppel
Tween and Teen Lit, 27 books -- notably:
- When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
- The Mother Daughter Bookclub series by Heather Vogel Frederick
- Meet the Austins series by Madedeleine L'Engel
- Anne of Green Gables (for the first time!) by L.M. Montgomery
- The Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
This isn't an award show, but I also wanted to thank my husband of 17 years -- today. He supports me in everything I want to do, and whether we're watching DVDs on the sofa, or reading side by side in bed, I'm so glad to share life with him.