Thursday, March 25, 2010

Call Me Scoop

Have you heard of Patch.com? If you live in California, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, or New York State, see if your town is a part of Patch, or if it might be coming soon.

It's a local news site designed to fill the gap of covering news in your own little patch. As newspapers' resources are stretched, local area coverage suffers. Even if there is local coverage, nothing is as immediate as online coverage. In addition to adding the value of immediacy, interactivity is unique to online media.

I'm excited to be one of the contributors to Patch in my town. I will be covering a little bit of this and a little bit of that: local literary news and trends, some school news, and human interest stories. It's already made me feel a bit more like a "real" writer, but more than that, it's borne a feeling of connectivity to this town that I already have grown to love in my 5 1/2 years here.

Please check out my first story: Why Are These School Library Shelves Empty?

5 comments:

morninglight mama said...

AWESOME!!! First, congrats on the cool gig. Secondly, that was a great article, and I can't believe I've never heard of this award! JAM recently read Clement's No Talking, but just because he likes that author.

Well done, Boss Lady!!

Windows Wide Open said...

Brava--both on the writing gig and on the article!
What a great way to encourage kids to read!

~~DanaB@ Windows Wide Open
http://mywindowswideopen.wordpress.com/

Martha said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you. I know you are going to be great!

Carrie said...

That is SO cool!

Lisa writes... said...

What a great gig!