Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Nightstand -- April

Well, since I'm not a tidy housekeeper, there are still a few books on my nightstand that I recently finished. Last month I announced that I was going to do a nonfiction only month in April, and I've been doing it! Most of my reviews haven't posted yet (or, um, been written yet), but you can look for them in the coming week. After having it "on my nightstand" for many months, I DID finally read Toxic Friends! I read all of these books last month, reviews to come:

These books I finished and DID review (linked to my reviews):

These are books I am carrying over, two of which I've already started:

And for May:
Oh my. These little monthly planning sessions leave me wishing I could just take a reader's retreat somewhere and read for a few days. Fortunately, Spring is here (sort of -- it's cold and rainy today), and I do love sitting on my back deck reading while the kids are outside, and several of these books will be a quick read, so I'm sure that I'll be able to finish them.

See more of What's on Your Nightstand at 5 Minutes for Books, and join in sometime!

14 comments:

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

I recently reviewed this is not the story that you think it is.

Mine

Nise' said...

As I sit here reading your post, I am watching Molly Ringwald on Today talking about her book, Getting the Pretty Back. Enjoy.

Windows Wide Open said...

I, too, have been on a bit of a non-fiction kick...yet to be posted about ;)

The Book of Awesome looks like one I must pick up soon!
~~

http://mywindowswideopen.wordpress.com/

Upstatemomof3 said...

The book of awesome looks great. I entered the giveaway and if I do not win I will have to get my own copy. I rarely read non-fiction but lately have started to pick up a little more non-fiction.

barbarah said...

I haven't heard of any of those except the second one. It would be hard for me to do a completely non-fiction month, I think!

mommablogsalot said...

Ohh a lot of really cool books - many of which I haven't heard of!

Carrie said...

A reader's retreat. Wow - now that's an AWESOME idea! I have a vision.... heh heh heh.

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Toxic Friends! Looking forward to that with great anticipation.

bekahcubed said...

I hear you about the reader's retreat! Seeing all these nightstand books makes me long for my homeschooled high-school days where I could read however much I wanted (generally for hours and hours upon end.)

I ended up flying out of town for a friend's wedding this last month and had a little mini-reader's retreat--if you can call reading on an airplane, in the airport, and on long taxi rides a retreat!

Lisa writes... said...

Looking at your list I give you permission for a reader's WEEK! :)

Can't wait to read "Radical."

Robin McCormack said...

Great job sticking with the non fiction for April. We could all use more time for reading, no doubt about it. Doubt my husband would let me go away on a reading retreat. Writing maybe, but reading....

Lauren said...

I like the idea of a period devoted to nonfiction! I look forward to reading your reviews!

Cindy said...

A reading retreat sounds wonderful! we could all use one, I think! Alot of good books there; I added a few to my TBR list!

morninglight mama said...

Lego: A Love Story??? Dear oh dear, I just can't wait for that review!!

Fonda said...

Looking forward to your reviews.