Sunday, April 04, 2010

New Beginnings


Spring is about new beginnings. New bright green leaves and grass, beautiful bulbs pushing through recently-frozen tundra. This year Easter came after some real spring weather which already had me thinking about rebirth, so the message has hit me even stronger. Maybe it's just me -- this time of life I'm in, where I am struggling to change some habits -- looking to a rebirth, a blossoming of a new character.

I am thankful for Jesus' death and resurrection, conquering death and sin, which gives me hope that I can do the same.


And everything that’s new has bravely surfaced
Teaching us to breathe
What was frozen through is newly purposed
Turning all things green
So it is with You
And how You make me new
With every season’s change
And so it will be
As You are re-creating me
Summer, autumn, winter, spring


*from "Every Season" by Nichole Nordeman

1 comment:

Musings of a Housewife said...

This has been such a glorious spring so far. I hope it lasts and we don't get a surprise frost before all is said and done.


Happy Easter!