Sunday, April 11, 2010

Practical Sciences



After seeing some patio furniture that I coveted at Costco (actually had been coveting them -- or ones like it -- last year as well. That could be a whole blog in itself "Coveting at Costco"), and experiencing a few days of gorgeous weather where I was able to enjoy my very favorite pasttime of sun-soaking deck reading, I decided to go back and buy it before it was gone.

It was a beautiful Friday afternoon, and there was a beautiful weekend forecasted, so there wasn't a moment to lose. The kids were off school, so I was able to take them with me. I was thankful to have a 5-foot-tall youngster to help me out, and we used every bit of knowledge we had about physics, geometry, and spacial dynamics to get all of that (above) into the car (below).






I thought that we were not going to get the last chair in. But we took Amanda's seat on the passenger side and she rode home in a less than safe way.




It was an adventure, and it was actually accomplished without any yelling or tears. We are women, hear us roar!!

And the end result? SO worth it!





4 comments:

Carrie said...

NICE! =D

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

Where there's a will there's a way! :) Now I'm coveting your furniture. It's been so warm and sunny my bushes have all bloomed and that doesn't usually happen until May. But after all the rain and FLOODING we've had, I'll take the sunshine!!

Martha said...

I love it! I am glad you got it home. It is so frustrating to now be able to get things home.

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I'm very impressed -- with the furniture, which is very nice, but even more, with your excellent car-packing ability.