Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Tackling the Floors

I have a love/hate relationship with my mop. Actually it's probably a hate/hate relationship. I do love the results, but I absolutely hate to mop. Hate it. And if I was honest, I'd admit that I don't do a full cleaning of the hardwood floors that cover the main level of my house very regularly at all. And lest you think that I'm just a clean freak and by "not regularly" I mean that I don't get to it each week, let me clarify. It's practically a seasonal occurrence. I sweep, I spot clean, but the whole move the kitchen chairs and throw rugs whole-floor mopping just doesn't happen that often.

But they don't call it Spring Cleaning for nothing, right? Something about the beautiful breezy warm weather signaled to me that it was time.

Something else was behind my call to clean. Pine-Sol recently sent me two of their brand-new scents to try out (They also offered me a giveaway of one bottle in any scent you choose and a reusable tote to one of you in the U.S.).

I do love the smell of a clean house, especially since I opened the windows and the front and back doors to help the floors dry. Between the fresh air and the Sparkling Wave scent, I feel like a real (good) housekeeper!

I don't usually participate in the Tackle-it-Tuesday at 5 Minutes for Mom, but this week I wanted to share about the new Pine Sol scent that I tried out (disclosure--they sent it to me, but didn't tell me what to say or require anything else from me).

Find out what others are tackling this week at 5 Minutes for Mom. I'm SO glad that I tackled my floors.

If you want to win, please leave a comment letting me know which scent you want. Click on the link or the picture to see all the new scents, and also some suggested uses.

I'll announce a random winner on April 15. If there is not an email address in your profile or a linked blog, I will draw another winner. I must have a way to contact you.

10 comments:

Martha said...

I am right there with you! I rarely clean my kitchen floors fully. That is probably why my husband won't let me get wood floors! I'd love the sparkling wave scent too!

Martha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Corinne said...

I share your hatred of mopping but love of clean floors! I'd take either the ocean wave or the orange scent. Thanks!

Susie said...

Great tackle!!

Upstatemomof3 said...

I don't even own a decent mop - so it is all hands and knees scrubbing for me - so yeah you can imagine how often I get to that with three kids around. I like the wild flower blast - that sounds nice. :)

morninglight mama said...

No mop for me either- thankfully we have a pretty small house, but I still only wash the floors every few weeks... or months...

I'd love the orange energy scent. Orange is good, and man do I ever need the energy!

Diann said...

mopping...should be illegal I say! LOL

I think I would choose the Orange energy. I love the scent of citrus.

Carolyn said...

Sparkling wave - maybe that would inspire me to mop more often. I just get depressed because as soon as the floor is clean, a flying milk-filled sippy cup with a loose lid hits it. And the wall. And the cat.
Wish me luck!

LuAnn said...

I would love to try the orange blossom. I am planning on doing a thorough mopping at the end of April.

anner1010 said...

I choose orange. I frequently put orange peels in our disposal to give the kitchen a cheery citrus scent. If I had the orange Pine Sol, I could pour some in a bowl and let it infuse the air in other rooms. Or, I could mop.