Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What is actually on my nightstand

Because of lack of time (I'm getting ready for Book Expo America and the Book Blogger Con, in addition to hosting and meeting Carrie), and also in an effort to do something different, I thought I'd look at the books that are really and truly on my nightstand, that I'm reading right now.

Finny: A Novel -- Justin Kramon, the author, is going to be at the Book Blogger Con author reception, so even though this book doesn't release until July, I wanted to read it, and boy, am I glad I did. It pulled me in on page one. Truly delightful.

LEGO: A Love Story -- This book is pretty good -- great, if you are truly a LEGO fan. There is lots of history, and it's aimed at AFOLs (Adult Fans of LEGO).

Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream
-- This book is well written and on target about how the American Christian lifestyle has probably started to drift from Biblical truth and commands. It's very interesting. Thought-provoking, but not guilt-inducing, which is a fine line that David Platt is walking well.

As for what I hope to read this month -- I really don't know.

I have two non-fiction books from my Spring Reading Thing list that I would still like to tackle in order to read all of that nonfiction that I had waiting for me. There are also three novels left on that list, but one I started and decided not to finish.

I'd sort of like to read a Hardy Boys book that I have lying around for the last month of the Children's Classics Reading Challenge. We'll see.

I intend to be tempted (and to give in to that temptation) at BEA this week, so who knows what I'll come home with?

See what others are reading at 5 Minutes for Books What's on Your Nightstand carnival the 4th Tuesday of every month.




5 comments:

bekahcubed said...

That Lego book looks like a lot of fun. Everybody has been raving about Radical and I'm completely torn--I really did not budget for BUYING books this year, but my library doesn't have a copy and I have a feeling it might be one of those that I won't just want to ILL. Decisions--Ergh!

Upstatemomof3 said...

I totally want to read the LEGO book. That sounds really interesting and probably pretty funny.

morninglight mama said...

Oh, the Lego book-- something I've so got to check out... hubby's birthday is coming up. Hmmmm...

:)

Nise' said...

I wish I could be tempted at BEA. Oh well, there is always next year. Have fun.

Windows Wide Open said...

Can't wait to hear how your BEA experience was!!

~~

http://mywindowswideopen.wordpress.com/