I have an editing job that I do from home, which sometimes takes only a few hours a week, but has required more than that the last several weeks (with more to be done). My new writing gig for Patch has taken me to interesting places, word-wise (with more to do be done). In the last few weeks, I've written articles on
- Am I Ready to Be a Middle School Mom? (the parent orientation)
- The student orientation at Amanda's middle school
- A very fun author visit that took me back to my elementary years
- a grassroots movement using social media to try to keep a local coffeehouse open.
When I was talking to the owner, his wife called, and he answered it saying, "The reporter's here now. I'll call you back." So, the Scoop moniker is official now, I guess.
- One of my favorite stories (because it sort of came together in an interesting way and is most in my comfort zone): New Fiction at the Library, where I compare two very very different novels that I recently read and they recently acquired.
- a feature on National Poetry Month
I also have spent a lot of time the last two weeks in the car. We've had band concerts, school events, extra rehearsals etc etc. I love my children, and I love that they are involved, but I do NOT like being "Mom's taxi." It's probably my very least favorite thing.
What about you? Has this been a busy spring?