Thursday, June 03, 2010

When Booklovers Meet


When Carrie was getting ready for us to leave to take her to airport, she was looking through "Kyle's box of books" as she put it. I hope she realizes that there were many more books on the shelf in his room, and more books in another box/bin in the other room. So many books!

Anyway, I thought it was very cute that he ran over to help her look at the Spot 7 book, and then continued to look at it in the car. I have tried to get him re-interested for a while, because it's really colorful and a fun "spot the differences" book.

I posted my highlights from the Book Expo and BookBloggerCon over at 5 Minutes for Books. The best really was meeting up with other booklovers. Even casual conversations in line or over coffee were exciting as we discussed favorite books, genres, and what's new for 2010.

There's also a linky there if you'd like to read through some others' experiences. There are lots of author pics from signings, which I didn't make many of. I did get a signed audiobook CD that Amanda was quite happy about. You'll have to click through to see who it was.


3 comments:

Carrie said...

Well, don't we look hard at work. Which we were!

Zibilee said...

It's so nice to see and hear about kids who love books. It always makes me smile to realize that there are other little bookworms that will grow up to love books as much as we do!

Zibilee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.