Thursday, July 08, 2010

Despicable Me preview


I was recently invited to a Despicable Me press junket. I got to meet most of the big stars who do the voices, including Miranda Cosgrove (above in burgandy, linked to my interview), Jason Segel, Steve Carell, and wait for it -- the living legend Julie Andrews. Seriously.

Stay tuned through the weekend, where my interviews and articles will post at 5 Minutes for Mom and 5 Minutes for Books.

You can read a bit about the experience (and a fun conversation I had with one of the producers HERE), and read my Despicable Me movie review as well. I have to say that from the previews I had seen, I didn't really know what the movie was going to be about, but once I saw it, it earned a place in my top 5 kids' movies ever. That was even before my fun press junket experience.

It was a truly great experience, capped off by the fact that I got to stay at the Four Seasons hotel. Who wouldn't jump at a chance like that? And yes, I'm pinching myself that I get the opportunity to do stuff like that.

I'm looking forward to taking the kids and the husband to see the movie this weekend. I saw it over a month ago, so the details are fuzzy. I'm also going to see it in 2D, I think, because Kyle's not a big fan of 3D movies, but I saw the 3D version, and it was incredible -- so I can offer a comparison.

********

And other than hob-nobbing in Los Angeles for a weekend, I've just returned from a 2 1/2 week long road trip back to Texas, which might explain my absence. Trying to keep up with a little bit of freelance editing, and 5 Minutes for Books and spend time with family left NO time for blogging.

More on the "road trip" aspect later, but I did post an article at Patch about my conflicted feelings. Click over to read Home is Where. . . ?

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Welcome back home!

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

I clicked through to Patch. I so relate! It's always felt strange to "go home." Kind of like have 2 separate lives. After living in RI for almost 13 years I can honestly say I love it. I love the closeness of everything. Watching fireworks at the beach. Playing in the snow. And only using my AC for 6 weeks. I never thought RI could become home but it has. We haven't visited AR or TX in 3 years so I know when we go I'll be having culture shock. :)

Martha said...

Saw the movie first thing this morning and I can't agree more...it is much better than the trailers. I am so excited you get to go do fun things...I'll come if you need a partner in crime. I read your article from your dad's FB page. It's a great article. I hope you had fun but I know it is good to be home too.

Lisa writes... said...

We saw the movie Friday afternoon; very cute!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

I'm loving all your posts about your trip.

Question: would you say Despicable Me is appropriate for my 4-year-old? I'm not too worried about anything scaring him... I'm more wondering about any "PG humor" that he might adapt. Not really interested in having him go to preschool saying things that are not completely appropriate. :) Know what I mean? At age 4, he doesn't have much of a filter!