Wednesday, August 25, 2010

URL to IRL


She calls me "boss lady." I call her the "good little soldier." I first came to know and respect her through her impassioned comments and posts about books.

She became a member of the team at 5 Minutes for Books, and I've loved sharing our thoughts on books and so much more -- children, husbands, TV shows, blogging, NPR -- just to name a few.

Last weekend, I got to spend over an hour with her, meet her kids and her husband, brainstorm, chat and laugh. It was quite lovely. Since she lives less than an hour away from my in-laws (and I live only about an hour away from her parents), I'm hoping that it will happen again.

Nice to meet you Dawn!

6 comments:

mommablogsalot said...

I still have yet to meet any of my bloggy friends IRL but would love to someday! Beautiful pictures of you two - glad you were able to meet up!

morninglight mama said...

LOVE your title for this post!! :)

I had a fabulous time chatting with you, Boss Lady. Thanks so much for taking a little sidetrack that afternoon, even if it meant driving in my crazy big city. :)

Carrie said...

FUN!

Lauren said...

How fun!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Very cool. So glad you two got to meet up IRL.

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

So you started the summer by meeting Carrie IRL and ended the summer by meeting Dawn IRL. How fun!!