Sunday, October 10, 2010

The First Dance

Do you remember your first dance?  Mine was at Quail Valley Jr. High. It was an 8th grade graduation dance.

I remember other dances too, like my first "date dance" in 9th grade.  I took Ted to Sadie Hawkins.

Two proms rounded out the dances that are at the forefront of my memory.  I think I attended a homecoming dance at some point as well.

Amanda just attended her first dance.  I wrote about it at Newtown PatchCheck it out.  Also, if anyone has seen my little girl, let me know.  I know have an adolescent child living under my roof, and my little girl is gone.



4 comments:

Carrie said...

Yup. I think your little girl is really and truly gone!

morninglight mama said...

LOVE the sassy outfit! I hope Amanda had a lovely time.

(My biggest dance memory is my first slow dance with a boy- with Neal Ethier to "Every Rose Has Its Thorns" by Poison. Oh, 1988...)

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Oh wow, she IS so grown up.

My first dance was in 6th grade, but none of us knew what to do so it was more like "Hang out in the gym and talk while Van Halen is playing." :)

planetnomad said...

I think her outfit is adorable! Ilsa has a skirt like that, white with black polka-dots.
Glad she had fun.