Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

For this first time this year, we split up.  Terry and I went with Kyle and some of his friends to Main Street, a town tradition.

We met up at a friend's house for pizza, and all the little guys went out together, and then we let Amanda go out with her friends (They had a parent with them**).

For some reason they both dressed in black.  I could swear I took a picture of them together, but I think I got distracted, because it's not there.

Meet Amanda the Ninja--


and Kyle as Darth Vader -- which we selected mostly because his size was available.  He wanted to be a storm trooper, but I think he actually looked cuter than some of the storm troopers I saw. 

Kyle is joined by a Transformer and a Catcher.


**It is not very Free Range of me at all to provide that reassurance that she was with a parent.  She's 12.  I'm quite sure that I walked my neighborhood with Stephanie from across the street by myself the year I was 10.
 
Posts of Halloweens past:
 
A Scary Rock and a Christmas Tree
Dr. Doofensmurz and Perry the Platypus/Agent P
Mia Hamm and Thomas the Tank Engine
A Penguin and Thomas (again)
My favorite costume of Amanda's from her preschool years

9 comments:

Suko said...

What wonderful costumes! I hope you had a safe and happy Halloween!

PAM said...

Happy Halloween.

I let our 12 year old daughter go alone this year with a friend. And, they got a long really well. We said they had to be in by 9 and they were back by 8:45 so all was well. Hope you had a great night.

And Miles To Go... said...

wow, excellent costumes! Glad to see you had a great time on Halloween.

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Love that all the costumes were so unique from each other. Such fun!

KC said...

my oldest when she was 12 went sort of alone, here and her friends went out "alone" but in the same neighborhood we were in with the younger kids so every so often we would pass each other.. this year she was off in a different neighborhood alone(well with a group of like 20 kids once they all showed up) but she is pushing 15 now and they just hit a few of there friends house then went to another friends house for Pizza(with parents home)
BTW i'm lovin the Ninja and Darth Vader costumes. :-)

morninglight mama said...

The costumes look great on your adorable kids!

I'm thinking that next year may be the first year that we let JAM go off with his pals, because as it is now, they're always well ahead of our big group and I'm getting tired of trying to keep track of them all! :)

mommablogsalot said...

love the costumes! they look great!

Marni's Organized Mess said...

That's awesome! Great costumes!

Happy Fall!

Did you see? Marni's Organized Mess is on Facebook now! Will you "like" me? :-)http://www.facebook.com/MarnisOrganizedMess

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Cute pics! L. was Charlie Brown, and only wanted to visit 5 houses, so it was a short outing for me. C. dressed up like an old man (robe, hair gray/white) and stayed home to pass out candy -- his choice.