We are moving back to Houston at Christmas.
Bittersweet is the absolute perfect description of it.
- We love it here -- the proximity to NYC, the four seasons, the abundance of weekend getaway spots.
- We have had a great experience with the schools and sports and everything here.
- And mostly -- for all of us -- we have roots here. My kids have grown up here. Amanda was just younger than Kyle is now when we moved here 6 years ago. We have dear dear friends who we'll miss.
- Yes, we are going home, but as I stated above, this really has become home, especially for my kids.
- We have already found a home (which I haven't even laid eyes on yet!), and it's beautiful, we have a pool, which Amanda has missed, and I have confidence in the schools there too.
- We will be near family (though leaving a drivable distance to Terry's family -- add that to the bitter above).
- And mostly -- we know without a doubt that God is guiding us, just as He did 6 years ago, when we left friends, family, and our home in Houston for the unknown here in Connecticut. I look forward for what He may have in store for us there.