Monday, November 08, 2010

I'm waiting for the health, wealth, and wisdom

Everyone with children knows that "gaining an hour" as a result of the daylight savings time fall back is a joke. Oftentimes we lose an hour, since we stay up later, anticipating that hour, then arise at the normal body clock time with our children.

This year, I went to bed early/on time on Saturday, so I did get my hour, but I was wide awake Sunday by 6:15 am (body clock 7:15 am). Today was even worse. By 5:00 am, I was wide awake. So I got up.

Kyle, who shares the same body clock as I do, was up by 5:30 and came downstairs dressed and ready to go. The good news is that even Amanda easily awakened when her alarm went off.

I was tired last night at my normal time, so I went to bed fairly early again. I think that my old age is making me more resistant to the change.

The upside? It's not even 8:00 am, and I've already cleaned two bathrooms and done a load of laundry. Gotta love that!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Yeah. I hear you! At church yesterday everyone else looked bright eyed and busy tailed and we, who had arisen early with our children, were tiiiiirrreedd!!!!

(We did put them to bed earlier last night though and their bodies seem to have straightened things out already.)